Recently, Google added “Street View” photography to Google Maps by sending vans with cameras around major metro cities across the country. As time goes by and as the Google vans log more miles, more and more of our cities will be available to view as if you were there there – whether the people on the street like it or not.
On the upside, you can set better expectations for where you’re headed by seeing 360 degree photo panoramas of any captured location or route:
But one side-effect of this freeze-frame approach to Google Maps Street View is capturing what a given block looks like at street level is apparent in some of the examples we’ve found through the StreeView feature:
- Crime in progress! (Or he’s desperate to get in the house)
- BUSTED. Pull out the handcuffs now!
- HELP! My house is on fire & the Google Street View Truck Just Drove By & Didn’t Stop!
- Drive-By Marriage Proposal
- Advertisement for Pooper Scoopers
- Kid trapped in the car
- Too Cheap to Buy A Dryer
- The real Spiderman
- The Great Escape
- A Real Headache
- Changing Clothes In The Street
- “I’ve Fallen & I Can’t Get Up!”
- “Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” – but don’t look IN the other end either!
- Using GoogleMaps to point out. . .
- Dogfight and their negligent owners
- Don’t tell me there aren’t UFO’s around here…
Know of any more? Leave a link in the comments section below!