Are You Tired Of Doing All The Talking?
There’s so much content out there that you need to read and consume.
Wouldn’t it be great if someone could just turn those long memos into mp3 audiobook files so you can just listen to them on your ipod on your way home from work? What about if you could have all of your emails read to you? Reading the Bible every day? Couldn’t you absorb more if you had it read to you instead?
Here’s a text-to-speech service I found that could potentially change the way you read/listen to things. Done right, it could boost your productivity through the roof — something all those GTD (Getting Things Done) people would go nuts over. Expressivo is a personal text reader program.
Some of the things they suggest you try out is:
- Having your emails read to you on the go when you’re in the car or exercising, etc.
- Watch foreign movies and have the subtitles read out loud to you
- Learn languages by having foreign language text read out loud to you properly in native speaking voices
- Listen to RSS Feeds and other online content
There’s even ways to get it integrated into blogs. Here’s a quick example of one of my essistme.com blog posts being read by Expressivo:
- Original blog post on essistme.com
- Expressivo webpage with the sample voice transcription
- Here’s the recorded sample for you to hear for yourself:
As you can tell, text-to-voice technology has come a long way. For $29, this is a very enticing program to purchase. Just getting whitepapers, long emails, and other stuff converted to mp3 files would be awesome. If you produce written documents regularly, it’s an easy way to create an audio podcast without the hassle of recordings, sound production, etc.