First Looks: Samsung Blackjack II i617 Reviews
Yes, it’s finally here. I just saw the Samsung Blackjack II (Samsung i617) on the AT&T Wireless network in person at the store.
Although I just ordered a brand new Samsung Blackjack i607 from the recent limited recall that should arrive within 5 business days for free, I’ve been eyeing the new kid on the block to see if it’s worth the upgrade.
By the way, the $0.00 price tag on the Samsung Blackjack II at http://www.adviceonwireless.com/ makes any potential purchase decision much easier. . .
It’s incredible how fast the price comes down once a product is launched these days. Originally it was $150.00 in the store, then $99 after rebate. Now authorized dealers are giving away the phones these days — even for premium high-demand handsets like the i617.
The phone comes in 2 different colors now, burgundy and piano black – both with a shiny hi-gloss finish which is sleek.
With Windows Mobile 6 and integrated GPS built into the phone, it is very tempting to get one. And what I’m reading about the phone only supports the argument to get one.
Here’s some of the first reviews out for the Samsung Blackjack II:
- C|Net video clip first look at the Blackjack II phone at CTIA
- Gizmodo like the Blackjack II
- ZDnet says it’s a “worthy successor and good-value smartphone”
- Brighthand.com liked it too
- Laptop Magazine concurs that it’s the a great deal for a loaded smartphone
- MobileBurn calls it the “best non-touchscreen QWERTY smartphone on the market”