Gain New Super Powers With Your Voice
Some people are loud mouths.
Now they officially have a reason to be proud. Their voice just gained new super powers.
Demonstrating this new cell phone trick to friends will make you the envy of all.
For example, what if you could simply speak into your cell phone phrase like, “all the things my wife said I had to by at the grocery store” and voila! you get the entire list verbatim. And I mean verbatim!
This new trick may just save your life or at least your hide some day. What is it?
It’s a neat new technology that’s being previewed by Microsoft and available as a free download for Windows Mobile phones right now. . .
Microsoft Recite Voice is a new application that is a voice notes recorder. Nothing mind-boggling here, I know.
The cool part is that you can simply speak any phrase you want to search for into the phone and it will do just that — search for it! You don’t need to type a single letter or digit. This is search feature for voice.
The Recite Voice program will quickly sort through all voice notes stored on your phone and bring back a list of matches which you can then playback.
So all you do is pick-up your phone and speak your mental notes any time you get a thought. Then when you want to recall and retreive the note you can do the same – just speak it and it will find it.
Here’s a preview of the Recite Voice application:
Here’s how to get the free download:
From Your Mobile Browser: On your mobile phone, open your web browser and go to http://recite.microsoft.com/. Follow the instructions on the page to download and install.
From Your Computer:
- Connect your Windows Mobile phone to your computer using the appropriate cable for your device.
- Go to the download page, click ‘Download the installer’ under the ‘From your computer’ section.
- When prompted, select Run to start the installation.
- You should shortly see the Microsoft Recite Technology Preview Setup Wizard.
- On the Microsoft Recite Technology Preview Setup Wizard, click Next to start the installation.
- You will be prompted to choose the installation location on your phone. (I usually choose memory card for apps)
- Select the installation folder on your phone and select Next.
- You should see an installation complete dialog. Dismiss the dialog and disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Microsoft Recite Technology Preview will start automatically after it is installed.
Right now, it works on phones with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6+ such as:
- AT&T BlackJack II
- AT&T Pantech Duo
- HTC Diamond
- Motorola Q9C
- Moto Q9m
- Palm Treo 800w
- Palm Treo Pro
- SMT 5800
- T-Mobile Dash
- T-Mobile Shadow
- T-Mobile Wing
If you try out this nifty voice application, let us know and share a comment below.