How Can I Place The Samsung AT&T BlackJack (Cingular i607) In Airplane Mode?
While on any plane you may be required by law to turn off your phone — but what if you have a smart phone? You can simply turn off the handset’s network functions — if you know how! Blackberries usually have an icon on the menu to turn it off easily. Windows Mobile smartphones are tricker (of course, thanks Bill!)
This will allow you to disable the phone function and still use the PDA portion of the handset
Here’s a tip from Samsung’s FAQ on how to shut off the PHONE features, but not the PDA functionality so you can use the phone on the plane…
To disable the handset’s wireless connection to your service provider’s network follow the steps below:
- While in standby mode, press the left soft key for Start
- Select Settings
- Connections (6)
- Select Wireless Manager (1)
- Highlight Phone, using the navigation keys
- Press the OK button to set to Phone Off
- Press the left soft key for Done to save the phone’s wireless connection changes
- The handset will now show “Phone Off” on the display
Now all you have to do is convince that flight attendant over your shoulder that you’re not use your cell phone on the plane (sorry, don’t have a solution for that!).