How To Gain Podcast Powers – Part 3
Internet entrepreneur Graham Scharf shared some insights to consider before buying an external mic for the iPhone 3G or iPod Touch.
Today, we learn about what exactly Graham does with this MightyMic device from start-to-fininsh from recording to syndication…from idea to reality.
How can podcasters use the MityMic?
I’ll tell you how I use it, and welcome your feedback on how to use it better.
- I’ve recorded using iTalk (although I just switched to VoxiePro) using the medium or best quality setting – for file size reasons.
- I use wifi sync to transfer the files to my laptop.
- I use Audacity to edit the audio.
- **I boost the output in Audacity to compensate for low input.**
- I splice in an “intro” and “outro” for production.
- I export as an mp3.
- I edit the properties to make the content iTunes friendly.
- I publish it on the Tumblon blog, syndicate through feedburner, and list in iTunes.
As you can tell, Graham’s process to produce a podcast isn’t that involved. Hopefully you’ll take the plunge into podcast land today.
Graham Scharf is a father of two, and co-founder of Tumblon.com. He blogs on parenting, education and social change at Essential Questions and produces a podcast series for parents of young children. You can follow him on Twitter @tumblondad.