How To Jump To Another Email Account On Your Samsung Blackjack Cell Phone
One of the better features of the Samsung Blackjack i607 is that since it uses Windows Mobile, you have the ability to set-up multiple POP3 email accounts so that you can read & respond to emails using each respective email account — I have a personal email account, gmail email account, a business email account, the synchronized Outlook account from my desktop, and the SMS/MMS messaging account that I manage on my AT&T Blackjack PDA phone right now.
Instead of “backing out” of an email account to get back to the total list of email/messaging accounts and then selecting the next email account you want to manage and drilling down again to get to that email list, there’s an easier shortcut that bypasses all that clicking.
- One secret tip for managing email in Windows Mobile is that you can JUMP to the “next” account on the list if you’re at the message subject line list view (vs detailed view of a particular message/email) for a particular email account: Just use the circular toggle button and click the LEFT or RIGHT side to jump in either direction to move “up or down” the list of messaging/email accounts. This drastically reduces the clicking around needed.
- Another tip is that you CAN use the SEND/RECEIVE on multiple email accounts at the same time — meaning that you can SEND/RECEIVE on one email account, jump to the next account, hit SEND/RECEIVE, jump to the next account…etc, etc. And all your email will be collected in the background.
Overall, I have what I need to read and respond to email that I receive using my Blackjack Smartphone. There ARE 3rd party applications for email, but I’m not at the point where I *need* to dump the pre-installed email app for enhanced funcationality. But that said, there’s definitely room for improvement…
MY BLACKJACK EMAIL FUNCTIONALITY WISH LIST:
- Ability to have 1-click delete for emails as I used have on the Treo
- Ability to have a SEND/RECEIVE for ALL email accounts managed on the Blackjack
- Ability to see my inbox for ALL account collectively, yet have the ability to select which email account to use when replying or composing a new email