How to Send an Outbound Fax If You Have Vonage (Free)
Most of us have access to a fax machine with we really need to send a fax — either a work or home or perhaps the local Staples store. But it’s usually not the most convenient thing to do when we really need to send a document via fax.
If you’re a Vonage customer, there’s a new way to send almost any document via Fax through Vonage’s website. You can fax Microsoft Office files like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and even PDF files. The new “alpha” V-Fax service is available to all Vonage customers free of charge. Here’s how . . .
How to send a fax via Vonage online:
- Log into your Vonage account at the V-Fax page: https://v-fax.vonage.com/
- Enter the destination fax number
- Click “BROWSE” and find the document you want to send (any Word, Powerpoint Excel or PDF file)
- Click “PREVIEW” to submit the file to fax and see what the recipient will see on their fax machine
- If you like what you see, simply click on “FAX FILE” and Vonage will send the fax on your behalf
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with a copy of the faxed document that was sent
This service combined with any of the free e-fax inbound services like j2.com, k7.net, etc basically solves most of your faxing needs! You now have a free out-bound fax service from your PC and also free inbound fax services. What else do you need?