How To Watch TV for 12 1/2 Days Straight WIthout Commercials
I have a friend that has been eyeing a Tivo for his HDTV set at home, and is trying to learn about all the features and benefits of the Tivo before pulling out the credit card.
Sometimes you just have to give in. Join the bandwagon. Hop on the happy express. . .but there’s actually one unbelievable reason that trumps all the other features and makes it worth the money – you can literally sit down to watch TV for over 12 days straight and never watch a commercial if you had a Tivo. Talk about Ultimate Couch Potato
Your brain would be fried, but it’s just comforting to know sometimes that you can do it if you want to.
Ok, here’s some more rational reasons to break down and get the Tivo — kill 2 birds with 1 stone:
1) Finally get that Tivo that you’ve always thought about getting
2) Save $389.99 doing it so that you can use it to get something else for yourself!
Tivo has a new line-up of HD boxes that will show off your shiny new HDTV plasma or LCD TV. The only problem is that some of the new Tivo HD systems can cost almost $1000 the first year if you account for the monthly service fees as well.
Here’s one way to get it all, and be wallet-wise about it:
First, if you’re getting a Tivo, although they come with a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee, opt for the pay-in-advance option for the service fees. You’ll save on something that you’re going to spend money on anyway. Why waste it. Pre-paying gets you 12 months of service for $155. The 30-day guarantee applies to the service fees as well, so there’s no risk/lock-in that you should be worried about. You just call 877-367-8486 within 30 days of activating and they’ll take care of the refund.
Second, consider buying from the online Tivo Clearance Store and get a substantial discount. In fact, you’ll get Free Shipping plus Free Wifi-G Network Adapters when you buy certain models, like the 300-hour HD Series-3 Tivo box that are factory-renewed. They come with the standard warranty + the 30-day money back guarantee, this is a great opportunity to get a HD Tivo in your house for almost $400 off retail prices.
One of the best features of the 300-Hour HD Tivo Series 3 system – dual channel recording! Here’s some more reasons if you need to rationalize the purchase:
· It’s the world’s only DVR with THX®-certification
· You can control live HDTV and record 2 digital cable shows all at the same time
· 300 hours of recording time in standard mode or up to 32 in HD
· Backlit, programmable TiVo® remote can replace your current one
· Supports digital antennas
· Supports basic cable (non-HD) and analog antenna (non-HD)
· With the TiVo Wireless G USB Network Adapter you can easily connect your TiVo DVR to your 802.11g or 802.11b wireless home network to sync scheduling
· You can hear/view music and photos that are on your computer in the other room!
· Need more reasons? You can read more at the Tivo website for details
Whether you get a HD-enabled Tivo or not, whether you buy a 300-hour version or a 40-hour version, whether you get one that supports satellite or not, just get a Tivo. There’s a reason why Tivo customers are fanatics similar to the throngs of loyal Apple customers.
Do you have a reason to help my friend get that Tivo? Leave a comment below and share a rave or rant about Tivo or it’s service. Let us know which model you have too.