Samsung Blackjack Tip: How To Perform A Hard Master Reset on the Samsung Blackjack i607 [video]
Although I clearly still love the Samsung Blackjack even after the release of the iPhone, I came across a little glitch last week (which is a MICROSOFT PROBLEM, not Samsung Blackjack issue) with Windows Mobile. It would not let me re-boot past the Windows Mobile start-up screen. This problem started after I upgraded to ActiveSync 4.5.
AT&T Wireless / Blackjack tech support told me to go back to ActiveSync 4.2 becuase 4.5 wasn’t as stable in their experience. So uninstalling I went.
In the meantime, I had to get my phone back to normal so I could re-sync with the old ActiveSync.
After trying the normal troubleshooting, I just said, it was easier to do a hard master reset and wipe the phone clean. However, AT&T tier 1 support didn’t know how, since you had to be at the Windows Mobile desktop to do a “hard reset” supposedly.
Luckily, I asked to go to Tier 2 support, and as I guessed, there was another way.
Here’s how to do a Hard Master Reset on the Samsung Blackjack:
- TURN OFF the Samsung Blackjack cell phone completely & take out the battery for a couple minutes.
- PRESS & HOLD the END CALL BUTTON + TOP CIRCULAR NAVIGATION BUTTON down at the same time.
- TURN ON the phone (power button located on TOP of the phone)
- FOLLOW the on-screen instructions (see video).
- WAIT for the phone to erase all data from the device and you’ll have an out-of-the-box Samsung Blackjack