Vonage Tip: How To Turn Anonymous Caller ID Block On or Off
One of the reasons why you signed-up for Vonage is the pleathora of features that come included in the calling packages – unlike the a la carte pricing that Verizon and other landline local carriers charge.
If you have Caller ID, you want to know who’s on the other end before you pick-up. But sometimes, people BLOCK their own Caller ID, so that you have no clue because they become anonymous. In fact, sometimes the Caller ID display literally says “Anonymous”.
Did you know that there is a feature that blocks those calls which are witholding their own Caller ID number when calling you?
HOW TO TURN ON ANONYMOUS CALLER ID BLOCK WITH VONAGE
- *77 to activate Caller ID Block
- You’ll be prompted while Vonage “checks status” and reports back if it’s currently being blocked or not.
- You can then dial “1” to TURN ON Anonymous Caller ID Block
HOW TO TURN OFF ANONYMOUS CALLER ID BLOCK WITH VONAGE
- Dial *87 to deactivate Caller ID Block
- Vonage will report the current status of the feature
- You can then dial “1” to TURN OFF the blocking service
Now on the flip side, you may want to have some privacy when calling others on your Vonage line. It may be to a company whom you don’t want to have your own personal telephone number, or it may be because you’re at home for the day, but making some business calls to business associates and you don’t want to reveal your home number. In any case, you can simply block your outgoing Caller ID number on a per-call basis.
HOW TO TURN ON CALLER ID BLOCK FOR OUTGOING CALLS ON A PER-CALL BASIS WITH VONAGE
- Wait for the dial tone
- Dial *67 to activate Caller ID Block
- Wait for the dial tone again
- Dial your destination number
- When you hang-up, the system returns to the default and will send your Caller ID info on the next call unless you do this again